Armie Hammer exits Broadway play ''The Minutes''

 

 Embattled Hollywood actor Armie Hammer has departed Brodway play "The Minutes" in the wake of sexual assault allegations and police investigation.
The play, by Pulitzer-winning playwright and actor Tracy Letts, is currently set to open on Broadway in March 2022.

It first premiered at Chicago''s Steppenwolf Theater in 2017.

“I have loved every single second of working on ‘The Minutes’ with the family I made from Steppenwolf. But right now I need to focus on myself and my health for the sake of my family. Consequently, I will not be returning to Broadway with the production,” Hammer said in a statement to Variety.

"Armie remains a valued colleague to all of us who have worked with him onstage and offstage on The Minutes. We wish only the best for him and respect his decision," the play''s production team added.

Hammer''s exit from the Walden Media project comes two weeks after it was reported that the actor was under police investigation after a woman alleged she was violently raped by him in 2017.

A Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson had said at that time that Hammer was the main suspect in a sexual assault that was reported to police on February 3. Hours before the investigation, a woman called Effie accused Hammer of rape in a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred.

Prior to that the 34-year-old actor found himself embroiled in a massive controversy after a series of his Instagram direct messages were leaked online by an unverified account earlier this year.

These messages, some of which date back several years, detailed affairs, sexual misconduct and cannibalistic fantasies.

Hammer''s former girlfriends have also come on record with damaging allegations of sexual abuse and cannibalistic tendencies, leading to his departure from high profile Hollywood projects such as movies "Shotgun Wedding" and "The Billion Dollar Spy" as well as series "The Offer".

From around the web

>